Dawoodi Bohras across the globe are taking extensive proactive and precautionary measures to stay healthy and protect others by playing their part in containing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following information issued by health authorities, including the World Health Organization, community members have been educated on:
- symptoms and transmission of the virus
- basic steps to prevent the spread of the virus
- seeking medical attention if feeling unwell
Through official channels, Bohras throughout the world have been advised to:
- cease non-essential travel
- follow good respiratory hygiene (e.g. covering mouths when coughing or sneezing)
- wash hands with soap and water frequently
- practice social distancing
- avoid public gatherings and remain at home, particularly if feeling unwell
- offer prayers at home and not congregate at their local masjids
As per the directives of local governments, the following institutions around the world will remain closed until further notice:
- the community’s head office at Badri Mahal in Mumbai
- local masjids (mosques) and offices
- religious sites such as mausoleums
- schools and colleges administered by the community; where possible, classes are being conducted online.
- FMB community kitchens and community dining halls
Members are requested to remain alert and stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19, especially in their area, adhere to the guidelines issued by their local government and follow public health advice from WHO and local health authorities.