Dawoodi Bohras across the globe are taking extensive proactive and precautionary measures to stay healthy and protect others by playing their part in containing the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following information issued by health authorities, including the World Health Organization, community members have been educated on:
- symptoms and transmission of the virus
- basic steps to prevent the spread of the virus
- seeking medical attention if feeling unwell
Through official channels, Bohras throughout the world have been advised to:
- cease non-essential travel
- follow good respiratory hygiene (e.g. covering mouths when coughing or sneezing)
- wash hands with soap and water frequently
- practice social distancing
- avoid public gatherings and remain at home, particularly if feeling unwell
- offer prayers at home and not congregate at their local masjids
As per the directives of local governments, the following institutions around the world will remain closed until further notice:
- the community’s head office at Badri Mahal in Mumbai
- local masjids (mosques) and offices
- religious sites such as mausoleums
- schools and colleges administered by the community; where possible, classes are being conducted online.
- FMB community kitchens and community dining halls
Members are requested to remain alert and stay informed on the latest developments about Covid-19, especially in their area, adhere to the guidelines issued by their local government and follow public health advice from WHO and local health authorities.
They are also urged to offer aid and assistance in any capacity to those in need, without putting themselves or others at risk.