Hassan Esufally graduated from the University of Melbourne with a double major in management and marketing, where he attended Ormond College. His most recent success is to have become the first Sri Lankan in history to run a marathon on all seven continents and be inducted into the 7 Continents Marathon Club. He is also the first Bohra ever to do so.
He has completed marathons in:
- Australia – Melbourne 2014 & 2016
- Europe – Stockholm Marathon in 2017
- Asia – Colombo Marathon in 2017
- North America – Boston Marathon 2018
- Africa – Big 5 Marathon in South Africa 2018 – Where one runs in the Entabeni National Park Savannah amongst the wild animals
- South America – Inca Trail Marathon in 2018 – Officially the toughest marathon in the world which ends at Machu Picchu
- Antarctica – Antarctic Ice Marathon in 2018 – The only marathon in mainland Antarctica (within the Antarctic Circle) with a rigorous application process that only accepts 50 contestants every year. This race presents a truly formidable and genuine Antarctic challenge where one is essentially running on ice with an average wind-chill temperature of –20C, and strong Katabatic winds to contend with.
Hasan also bears the title of ‘IRONMAN‘ after having successfully accomplished the world’s hardest sporting event which consists of a grueling 3.86 km swim, 180 km bike, and a 42.2 km full marathon run.
His goal is to use his business background and the brand that he has created for himself in the sports and fitness field to achieve a sustainable career in the business of sports, fitness, health, and nutrition. He has started an online fitness business where he offers workout plans and meal plans to help individuals reach their fitness goals.
He has also been selected into the New York marathon and the Chicago Marathon and by participating in them he hopes to further his dream of completing the World Marathon Majors.