On the 1st of December 2018 the Minister for Environment & water resources and the Minister-in-charge of Muslim affairs Mr Masagos Zulkifli visited al-Masjid al-Burhani Singapore. The purpose of the visit was to know more about the Dawoodi Bohra community and engage with members of the Masjid Management Board.
Besides the Minister, council members of the Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS) and representatives from South Mosque Cluster & the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth also attended the event.
The event included an exhibition about His Holiness TUS and the worldwide Dawoodi Bohra Community followed by a tour of al-Masjid al-Burhani. A brief presentation was also conducted highlighting the initiatives of the Bohra community in Singapore, after which the guests engaged in lively conversation with community members.
The respected guests in attendance included:
1. Mr. Masagos Zulkifli (Minister for Env & Water Resources and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs)
2. Haji Abdul Razak bin Hassan Maricar (Chief Executive of MUIS)
3. Dr. Mohamed Fatris Bakaram (Mufti of Singapore)
4. Mr Esa Masood (Deputy Chief Executive of MUIS)
5. Mr. Paiman Supangat (GM of South Mosque Cluster)
6. Mr. Ariff Salleh (Manager Central South Mosque Cluster)
7. Ms. Rahida Jemadi (Manager for Social Development South Mosque Cluster)
8. Ms. Siti Nuraini Asmuri (Asst Manager South Mosque Cluster)